Scholarships in American & Norway vs Africa
Latin America is a large region that stretches from northern Mexico to southern Argentina. It is made of variety, culture and traditions and its people are known for their hospitality and happiness. Latinos are also known for their sensual dancing, their varied and tasteful dishes and their beautiful tropical landscapes. Scholarships in American & Norway vs Africa
VERY HOT: African scholarships & world scholars
Until the 19th-century, several Latin-American countries were territories of Spain and Portugal. This European influence has been very important and has contributed to language and religion as well as to food and culture. Latin America is a mixture of European and local cultures and beliefs, together with rituals introduced to the region by Africans during the colonial period.
Studying at Latin America – what it entails
Latin America has not been an attractive educational destination for quite a long time. The Latin American group of countries was considered to have low rates of literacy and poor quality education. But the last decade was the opportunity, in particular, for substantial changes to the economies and education of the countries of the region. Latin America already has an opportunity to compete with such favored student nations as the USA, the UK and Australia.
VERY HOT: Top Scholarships for Nigerian students
Today, Latin America is home to institutions of world renown, specializing in a wide range of subjects. Recently ranked number one by the QS rating system, Pontifica Universidad Catolica de Chile has made a special impact on scientific developments, is a great choice for students of science and engineering as would Universidad de Los Andes in Bogota, Colombia. As well as being one of the most established law schools in Latin America, Universidade de Sao Paolo in Brazil is a highly prestigious university. The business school at Tecnologico de Monterrey holds the accolade among the best MBA programs in the world.
Top Scholarships around the world for Latin America
If you’re a bright, talented or motivated student of Latin America, the best scholarships are for your taking. The following are ten most prestigious international scholarship programs out there for Latin America’s brightest international students.
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarships (Global)
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (Sweden)
- Erasmus+ (Europe)
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme (France)
- Bank Santander Scholarship Grant for international students
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grants (Global)
- The Gates Millennium Scholarship (USA)
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards (Australia)
- The Fulbright Scholarships (USA)
- Chevening Scholarships (England)
Available Scholarships in Latin America and Eligibility Criteria
- PEC – G undergraduate scholarships for international students in Brazil
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must be a citizen and resident of a country participating in the PEC – G
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma with an overall arithmetic mean of 60%
- Climate Tracker Reporting Fellowship for Young Journalist at Chile
Eligibility and Criteria
- They are always on the lookout for journalists from around the world who wish to make an impact in their countries by publishing about fossil fuel projects.
- This fellowship is only available to young journalists aged 18 – 32
- Government of Chile Nelson Mandela Master Scholarship for Africans
Eligibility and Criteria
- In the case of postgraduate scholarships, only the study programs expressly indicated in Annex No 1 of the call can be applied, which is published annually on the AGCID website and sent to the points focal of the invited countries.
- Must have a professional degree and currently working
- Eligible countries are; Angola, South Africa and Mozambique
Top Latin America Universities
If you’re looking to study at one of Latin America’s best universities, heading to Brazil could be your best bet according to the 2019 Times Higher Education Latin America University Rankings. The country’s ranking of around 150 universities includes an impressive 52 universities.
The top university is the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, despite Brazil being the country with the highest representation in the ranking. This is the first time a Chilean university has taken first place in the University Rankings for Latin America. The University of São Paulo in Brazil comes in at number two.
Below is the list for the top 10 ranking universities in Latin America
|1||Pontifica Universidad Catolica de Chile (UC)||Chile|
|2||Universidade de Sao Paulo (USP)||Brazil|
|3||Tecnologico de Monterrey (ITESM)||Mexico|
|4||Universidad de los Andes Colombia||Colombia|
|5||Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp)||Brazil|
|6||Universidade Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)||Mexico|
|7||Universidade de Chile||Chile|
|8||Universidade de Buenos Aires (UBA)||Argentina|
|9||Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro||Brazil|
|10||Universidade Nacional de Colombia||Colombia|
In conclusion, there’s no time to pursue your goals like the now. If you’ve been fantasizing about ascending the mountain great heights, surfing with sea lions, crossing Machu Picchu off your bucket list or learning to dance the bachata, it sounds like Latin America is a no-brainer for your next trip abroad.
Scholarship In Norway
Scholarship in Norway is a well-known popular choice scholarship for international studies. It has the highest standard of living and the fourth-highest per capita income in the world due to its oil and gas deposits.
Norway is signed up to the Bologna Process which aims to make European higher education systems more compatible. Certificates of Norway are recognized in other countries of the world. Bachelor’s degree takes three years to complete, Master’s degree takes two years and PhD, a further three years.
The average amount for living in Norway in a year is €9,600.
Norwegian students can work up to 20 hours per week.
Top Universities in Norway
- University of Oslo
- University of Bergen
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- University of Troms
- Telemark University
- The University of Stavanger
- The Arctic University of Norway
- University College, Southeast Norway
- University of Agder
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences
Available Scholarships in Norway
- Doctoral Research Fellowship for International Students
A 3-4 year full-time PhD Fellowship at the Department of Psychology, Department of Physics, Institute of Oral Biology and Institute of Clinical Medicine at the University of Oslo.
- Salary is NOK479 600 – 523 200 per annum.
- A generous pension agreement.
- Welfare benefits.
- SECCLO Erasmus Mundus Asia-LDC Scholarship
The scholarship is to be granted for two years in SECCLO Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree (EMJMD). It is valued at €47000/49000 or €32000 and the closing date is January 20, 2020.
- CLIFF-GRADS Scholarship
This scholarship programme runs for a period of 4-6 months for PhD programmmes. It is valued between $10000 – $12000.
- European Central Bank Women in Economics Scholarship
The scholarship is for women enrolling in a Master’s in Economics or Business School in Europe. The value is €10000 each for five women and application deadline is April 30, 2020.
- Become JACK and JONES Scholar
The scholarship is open for bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programmes. Only 3 candidates are required and would be offered the sum of 1000€ each.
Students over 18 years old enrolled in fashion and business-like programmes are eligible.
A well-written motivational letter in English language, clearly explaining why the applicant is eligible for the scholarship and how it will help in the development of his/her skills. The letter should be up to an A4 page maximum or not more than 250 words. Estimated budget plan is required which includes all the relevant costs and expenditure.
- Jelvix Scholarship Program
The program is for both undergraduate and postgraduate candidates who are interested in science, innovative and emerging technologies and engineers. A $1000 award is offered to the best candidate with regards to that.
The applicant must be a student and have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 or 4.0. he must write and submit an essay, including personal statement describing the background, personal achievements, challenges and educational pursuits.
- Scholarship Grant for Undergraduate Students
The amount to be offered is $1000 (tuition fee). The offer is open for undergraduates around the world. He/she must have exceptional excellent qualities. He must pass the scholarship test and attach a supporting academic enrollment document.
- The $2000 “Privacy Matters” College Scholarship
BestVPN.com aims at raising awareness among young bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD students around the world, about important privacy matters in this digital age. $2000 will be awarded to the best student who writes the best 500 – 1000-word essay on the topic of privacy.
The candidate must discuss the biggest potential privacy risks faced by consumers of DNA genetic testing companies. What might happen if human DNA fell into wrong hands? What can we do to benefit from the potential of the DNA technology without losing our privacy?
- Internet Marketing Scholarship
The award is open for only undergraduates and is valued at $2999.
The deadline is 30th November, 2019.
- To qualify, write a research paper, an article or essay on a specific given topic
- Applicant must be between 15 and 35 years old.
- ServiScape Scholarship 2019
The scholarship is open for bachelor’s and master’s students who are at least, 18 years. The value is $1000.
All applicants must submit a 300-word essay on the topic: “How does Writing Impact Today’s World? It must be written in English language. The applicants must fill out the online application form.
Application opens for Norway scholarships for international students from Africa and developing countries every year. These are either partial or full fee scholarships for undergraduate, master or PhD/doctoral degrees.
Start here to apply for scholarships in Norway for African students, developing countries and international students, from around the world.